Pressure Cooker is an Atari 2600 video game released by Activision in 1983. It has arcade-style gameplay, in which the player is a short-order cook at a hamburger stand who must assemble and package hamburgers to order without letting ingredients or hamburgers fall to the floor.
During the game, hamburgers go through an oven and are placed on a conveyor belt headed in the player's general direction. In order to satisfy customers' orders (seen on a chart at the bottom of the screen), the player must catch the flying toppings for a particular order and place them on the burger. Once a burger is assembled, the player must catch the top bun, place it on the burger, and then drop the completed burger into the proper colored slot. Once all the slots are filled, the level ends, and the player receives bonus points for remaining performance points (see below) and for every burger successfully completed.
The player begins the game with 50 performance points. Errors that result in the loss of performance points include:
Once the player loses all their points, the game is over.
- Being hit in the back or side with a flying topping (-1 point)
- Allowing a flying topping to hit the wall (-1 point)
- Placing the same topping on the same burger twice (-1 point)
- Dropping the burger into the wrong slot or missing a slot altogether (-5 points)
- Allowing a burger to fall off the conveyor belt (-10 points)
More details about this game can be found on